We are looking for a Sports specialist who is looking to gain experience of working within education, who can take their knowledge and skills to work in a setting where you use them supporting children in a school environment.
About the role
You would be working in the capacity of a Teaching Assistant, providing vital support to both teachers and pupils within a mainstream primary school. You will be required to work closely with pupils, building positive relationships to help them to get the most out of their time in education, while at the same time utilising your knowledge of sports in education. Please note that previous experience within an education or residential setting is essential – this can be paid or voluntary.
As a Teaching Assistant, you will have the opportunity to get a feel for working in schools, and for gaining valuable experience for a potential future in a role working with children.
About the school
We can offer you paid work in Primary Settings, supporting pupils with barriers to learning, additional learning needs, or social, emotional, and mental health needs. The Teaching Assistant role can either be full or part-time dependant on your circumstances.
- You must have a minimum of 5 days experience working with children or young people within a paid or voluntary setting
- You should have a warm and friendly nature to be able to build positive relationships with pupils
- You should have a Sports background that you can incorporate into schools
- You would have a DBS on the update service (or be willing to process an application with us)
- Minimum of 5 days referenceable experience of working with children.
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.