We are looking to grow our teaching assistant team with a vacancy for an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant for a school in the Carnforth area, starting ASAP.
About the role
The successful SEN Teaching Assistant will be tasked with working with classes made up of students across Key Stage 1 to Key Stage 5.
A more permanent class will be given to you with time, dependent on your relevant experience.
This post is a temp to perm role for 37 hours a week, term time only with working hours of 8:30am – 4:30pm. There is an option to work 32.5 hours per week instead (8:45am – 3:45pm) and/or an additional two weeks at their Summer Club.
About the school
The school is OFSTED Outstanding and caters for pupils aged 2-19 with Profound and Multiple learning Difficulties, some with associated complex needs and some with ASD.
You will be instrumental in ensuring school values continue throughout the school day, maintaining and adding to the already Outstanding Ofsted ethos.
The school is in an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, just 10 mins from Jct 35 of the M6. The school has a wealth of resources, including a swimming pool, rebound room and a bespoke sensory suite.
- Have experience working in a similar setting with young people that have learning difficulties.
- Be proactive and empathetic in your approach, always aiming to achieve the best possible outcomes for the students you work with.
- Be an excellent communicator, able to work well as part of a wider team.
- Have a minimum of Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent.
- Have the ability to lead small group and 1:1 activities under the direction of the teacher.
- Have a Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent.
- To have recent experience in a similar role within the last two years.
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.