Northumberland (Full Time)
£350-450 per week (salary is depending on experience and/or qualifications)
January 2024 – ongoing (Long Term Role)
About the role
This ‘Good’ Pupil Referral Unit, based in Cramlington, Northumberland, supports young people aged 11-16 and is looking to appoint a passionate Behaviour Mentor to work in Key Stage 3 and 4 classes on a full-time basis. Working in this Secondary SEND PRU as part of an established team, the desired Behaviour Mentor will be working on a small class sized basis with pupils with SEND including Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) issues which present challenging behaviours. This full time Behaviour Mentor role is long term from January ongoing with the possibility of a permanent vacancy for the right person.
This role could be suited to a person who has a sports background / coaching / youth work / support work.
About the school
The school’s aim is to positively impact on changing the lives of our pupils and their families. Through their holistic approach, the school welcomes learners and families to our school community and help them to re-engage with learning, enabling them to reach their full potential.
- Experience of working with primary or secondary school aged children.
- Experience of working with pupils with SEND.
- A passion for the progress of SEND secondary school pupils.
- An ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to deal with fast paced situations.
- Relevant experience
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.