Vision for Education are seeking an Assistant Head of Primary and KS3 to work in an Independent Specialist school on the outskirts of Cambridge which specialises in children and young people with a diagnosis of Autism.
About the role
As an Assistant Head of Primary and KS3, you will need to passionate about the role and eager to challenge yourself to help deliver excellent progress for the pupils. Previous experience as an Assistant Headteacher is not essential, applications from Key Stage Leads or other forms of leadership welcome.
About the school
This is a school based on beautiful grounds on the outskirts of Cambridge. They specialise in pupils with a diagnosis of Autism with all pupils having an EHCP. They provide a flexible curriculum, teaching lessons based on how the children learn best, to ensure they feel they are in a safe and secure environment. Pupils may have struggled previously in mainstream, however this provision provides them an opportunity to re-engage in a positive way.
- To be resilient and have a positive outlook and attitude
- To be patient and willing to take lead in situations
- To hold or be willing to process an enhanced DBS
- To have experience in a leadership role, this can include a Key Stage Lead
- To lead across Primary and Key Stage 3
- To communicate effectively and efficiently across a team