We are looking to recruit a Food Technology and Art and Design Technician to provide full technical support to teaching staff and students, particularly in the preparation and cleaning/clearing of lesson materials/equipment to work within a school.
About the role
Co-ordinate the use and maintenance of practical resources and facilities, and provide assistance and advice in meeting the practical needs of the Food Preparation and Nutrition curriculum. Maintain a safe and clean working environment at all times. Provide support and assistance to the classroom teacher during practical lessons. Work on your own initiative as well as a member of a team. Plan and prioritise your work effectively. Assist in the organisation and presentation of the Food Technology and Art room. To attend and participate in relevant meetings as required. Assist with the supervision of students out of lesson times, eg clubs, visits and extracurricular activities organised by the department. To work within the Art department to support as and when required.
About the school
We work with a variety of schools within Darlington, South Durham and Teesside area with this role being situated in Darlington.
- Knowledge of food, techniques used in food preparation and safe handling of food/s, and ability to communicate and demonstrate this knowledge effectively to staff and students.
- Must have undertaken the Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace or be working towards obtaining this.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety, security, equal opportunities and confidentially.
- experience working within a school or educational environment
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.