Vision for Education are seeking to employ a Teaching Assistant to work 1:1 with a child in Year 2 at a school based in the Gosforth area.
About the role
This role would be part time, working 08:30-15:30, Wednesday-Friday, commencing ASAP with the view to extend until the end of the academic year. The successful candidate will be working within an average sized Year 2 class, offering support to a child with ASC. They must have a professional and approachable manner and be able to build a fantastic rapport with the child and class teacher to ensure the pupil is thoroughly supported. The pupil has been spending some time outside of the classroom, therefore, the Teaching Assistant will be helping to integrate the child back into the classroom environment alongside their fellow pupils. The TA will also have the support of working with the Key Stage 1 Lead and Deputy Head to ensure the pupil receives outstanding provision and tailored learning.
About the school
The school is based within Gosforth with fantastic transport links. The staff members at the school take pride in offering a tailored and varied curriculum for all pupils to achieve to their highest ability. All pupils are extremely motivated learners who thoroughly enjoy coming into school on a daily basis and this is also presented within their excellent behaviour.
- • Hold a minimum of Level 2 Supporting Teaching and Learning Qualification.
- • Have excellent knowledge of the Key Stage 1 Curriculum.
- • Preferably have some experience of supporting children with ASC.
- • Able to offer creative and dynamic teaching styles.
- • Have an approachable and calming manner.
- Level 2 in Teaching and Learning or equivalent.
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.