Vision for Education are working in partnership with a school in Newcastle who are seeking Wellbeing and Engagement Practitioners to join their staffing team on a full time basis.
About the role
Working with some of the most hard to reach students in Newcastle, you will be supporting students in areas of wellbeing and their engagement in Education. Students attend part time so you will have 2-3 student on your timetable to support. Some of your responsibilities will be delivering 1:1 sessions to support in school work and weekly goal/target meetings. You will also have a budget to be able to plan and deliver health and wellbeing sessions, depending on the students interests.
About the school
The school is a targeted provision for young people who are struggling to engage in a mainstream school. They provide a alternative, hands on curriculum to develop learners social and emotional health and wellbeing as well as knowledge in core subjects.
- Experience of working with children and or young people
- Be versatile and adaptable
- Ability to build rapport with hard to reach students
- Excellent behaviour management
- Relevant experience in the past few years working with children, young people or vulnerable adults
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.