About the role
Vision for Education are excited to offer this bespoke opportunity to support passionate people with entering the education sector. We work alongside our client schools to provide successful Trainee Cover Supervisors with high quality training and paid on the job experience.
As a Cover Supervisor you will be responsible for leading lessons of approximately 30 pupils in the absence of the class teacher. Although you will cover classes across the full range of secondary school subjects, you are not expected to be a subject specialist in each area. With the lesson being planned and provided in advance, it is your role as the Cover Supervisor to facilitate learning, manage classroom behaviour, record accurate registers, and provide a handover to the absent teacher.
About the school
This role provides a great opportunity to gain experience of working within a Secondary school prior to applying to Initial Teacher Training. Although previous experience of working in a Secondary School is desirable it is not essential.
For those new to Education, you will be offered a comprehensive Cover Supervisor Training Programme to equip you will the skills needed to succeed.
- Complete the required training and participating in ongoing CPD
- Be willing to pay for an enhanced DBS check and register with the update service
- Have a degree or equivalent education qualification.
- Have a desire to support young people with their learning
- Possess a willingness to learn
- A natural leader and someone with the confidence to lead a lesson in the absence of the class teacher
- Have a caring, positive and flexible attitude
- Be proactive and a good communicator
- Be reliable in both attendance and punctuality
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic attitude to starting a career in education
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.