Graduate Teacher (Cover Supervisor)
£18,000-£22,000 (salary is depending on experience and/or qualifications)
January 2024 - ongoing
About the role
We are working with over 132 schools in the South Yorkshire, Derbyshire and North Nottinghamshire areas. Our partnering Secondary schools are seeking candidates to work as Cover Supervisors; successful candidates will have the opportunity to work on daily supply or in longer fixed term supply contracts.
As a Cover Supervisor you will be responsible for leading lessons of approximately 30 pupils in the absence of the class teacher. You will cover classes across the full range of secondary school subjects, but don’t worry, you are not expected to be a subject specialist in each area. The lesson will always be planned, and this will be provided in advance. It is your role as the Cover Supervisor to facilitate the classes learning, manage classroom behaviour, record accurate registers, and provide a handover to the absent teacher. Successful Cover Supervisors are adaptable, flexible, motivated, confident and organised, they have a passion for education and supporting young people.
This role provides a great opportunity to gain experience of working within a Secondary school prior to applying to Initial Teacher Training. Although previous experience of working in a Secondary School is desirable it is not essential.
If you are new to the role, you will be offered a comprehensive Cover Supervisor Training Programme to equip you will the skills you need. Visit our website to find out more about our Cover Supervisor Training Programme or send us your CV and one of our consultants will call you with further information.
About the school
What we offer
As a Cover Supervisor and as part of our team, you benefit from:
- Excellent daily rates paid using the PAYE system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability).
- Social and networking events.
- Pension contributions.
- CPD to help with your professional development.
- Access to a dedicated consultant.
- A degree or equivalent education.
- A willingness to learn.
- A natural leader and someone with the confidence to lead a lesson in the absence of the class teacher.
- A passion for education and providing the highest possible level of support to young people.
- Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications.
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.