Vision for Education are urgently seeking experience SEND Teaching Assistants to work in a specialist school in Chesterfield.
About the role
As a SEND Teaching Assistant, you will be required to support the class teacher and other teaching assistants in the delivery of lessons, whilst also providing support and guidance to the students in their variety of learning needs. We have also helped many people who have come from support worker and personal care assistants to transfer their experience into a school based setting.
Vision for Education are a busy temporary supply agency and are looking for people who are seeking either day to day or long-term supply placements.
Working with students with special educational needs is an extremely rewarding environment to work in, however can be challenging getting to know the needs of students and therefore this role benefits from consistency and continuity.
Ideally for this role you will have in date moving and handling training or have recent experience in supporting students with PMLD, SLD, Global Delay, sensory needs and related behavioural needs.
About the school
Vision for education currently work with a school in the Chesterfield area, that cater for needs including but not limited to PMLD, SLD, Global Delay, sensory needs and related behavioural needs.
This school is passionate about providing the best quality of education, care and specialist support for all their pupils and put them at the centre of everything they do. It is important that this is at the forefront of your values also.
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team, have a nurturing and caring nature and a genuine desire to make a difference.
- Have experience supporting children and young adults with PMLD (profound and multiple learning difficulties) SLD, Global Delay, sensory needs and related behavioural needs
- Ideally have your own transport or close public transport links
- Be reliable, flexible and creative!
- Experience with both small group and 1:1 is beneficial
- Experience in using Makaton and PECS is desirable
- At least 3 months relevant classroom experience or transferrable experience working with individuals with SEND
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.