Are you a current or an aspiring Teaching assistant or Autism Support Worker who wants to make a difference to the lives of children and young people with Autism and Learning Difficulties in the Bradford area?
About the role
As an SEND Teaching Assistant you will work alongside the Class Teacher to assist with delivering lessons and supporting children to learn through play to help them expand on their communication and sensory skills.
- To work flexibly as part of the school team and may be required to work with any age
- Assisting as a member of the classroom team in the supervision of students on work experience, trainees and voluntary helpers with whom the post holder is working
- Supervise and provide particular support for pupils with special needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities.
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs.
- Set high expectations and promote self-esteem and independence.
- Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment, in accordance with lesson plans and assist with the display of pupils’ work.
About the school
The School is a specialist school for pupils aged 3-19 who have severe and complex needs arising from communication and interaction difficulties, autism and severe learning disabilities.
- Be available Monday to Friday 08:30-15:30pm.
- Be willing to attend a two day positive behaviour management course.
- Be physically fit and energetic.
- Be resilient. This role is very rewarding but does not come without its challenges.
- Be passionate about changing the lives of young people with Learning Disabilities and Autism.
- Have, or be willing to obtain a DBS on the update service.
- The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are 6 months minimum experience working with Children or adults with Learning Disabilities and Autism in a similar setting or care environment, this could be in a similar school or supported living environment. This is a full-time role and currently we are not accepting part time applications for this position.
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.