Vision for Education are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and creative Behaviour Support Assistant. Working at a school in Saddleworth, Oldham, this is a varied role that will require flexibility and a can-do attitude.
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity for a committed Behaviour Support Assistant to make a difference to pupils lives and their experience of education, especially those who have become disengaged from education. The successful Behaviour Support Assistant will be required to work 1to1 within a year 1 classroom, assisting the pupil in overcoming barriers to learning and dealing with behavioural issues.
About the school
This is a small school located in the saddleworth area of Oldham and they are seeking an engaging and proactive Behaviour Support Assistant to join their motivated team. Focusing on the whole child and making sure that each child is the best they can be, this school really is striving for outstanding in every area.
- Have experience working with either with small groups or 1:1 with students who may demonstrate challenging behaviour and who may have Special Educational Needs.
- Be able to provide a safe and positive learning environment and de-escalate any threatening or aggressive behaviour.
- Mentor and engage with the students, successfully delivering specifically designed educational packages.
- Team teach is desirable for the role but not essential.
- Previous experience of supporting children with challenging behaviour
- hold a teaching assistant qualification or equivalent that is relevant to working with children
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.