Vision for Education are proud to be working in partnership with an OFSTED 'Outstanding' secondary school to recruit a Teacher of Computing for a permanent position.
About the role
The successful candidate will be joining a friendly and collaborative Maths & Computing faculty – comprising of over 20 full time and part time teaching staff. You will be required to plan and deliver Computing lessons across all year groups and abilities.
Computing is a well established and popular subject at the school and is taught across Key Stages 3, 4 and 5. The school is well equipped with a suite of computing classrooms where all students have their own workstation. The school follows the OCR syllabus at Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5.
There is the potential for the role to be either full time or part time depending on the successful candidate's preference and flexibility to begin in either April 2022 or September 2022.
About the school
The successful candidate will be joining a highly desirable, Ofsted Outstanding, secondary school. They are looking for skilled and enthusiastic teachers to join their welcoming learning community. Developmental opportunities through CPD, INSET and training courses are regularly available to all staff and the school prides itself on the emphasis they place on staff wellbeing.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent
- Experience delivering Computing across Key Stages 3 and 4 (Key Stage 5 experience desirable but not essential)
- The ability to build positive relationships with both learners and colleagues
- Strong subject knowledge
- QTS or equivalent teaching qualification and relevant experience
- To facilitate a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their full potential
- To ensure a safe, productive, and engaging learning environment
- To contribute to the maximising of student attainment
- To develop teaching resources, schemes of work, marking policies and teaching strategies for Computing through collaboration with other department members
What the school offer
- Main pay scale salary (MPS / UPS)
- A Recruitment & Retention Allowance (experience dependent)
- Excellent school IT infrastructure
- Ample on site parking
- Teachers’ pension scheme