This is a temporary position meaning you have the opportunity to secure long/short term bookings with various schools in Leeds to gain more experience in the sector and to support a wide range of different children.
About the role
As a Special Needs Teaching Assistant you will work alongside the Class Teacher to assist with delivering lessons and supporting children to learn through play to help them expand on their communication and sensory skills.
As a Special Needs Teaching Assistant, you will be supporting the pupils to take part in many opportunities such as going out in the community for independent travel training and with domestic life skills.
About the school
The School is a co-educational, generic community special school catering for pupils aged 11 to 19 years who have a wide range of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).Majority the puplis have Social Emotional Mental Health needs and most the pupils have an Education Heath Care Plan (EHCP) or are on an assessment place awaiting an EHCP.
- Be available Monday to Friday 08:30-15:30pm.
- Have a minimum of 6 months experience supporting young people with Learning Disabilities and Autism
- Have, or be willing to obtain a DBS on the update service
- Qualifications and Training
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.