SEND Primary Teacher
£120 to £150 per day
18 April 2022
Are you an SEN Primary Teacher with either the experience or desire to work with pupils with moderate, severe and complex needs? A fantastic teaching role is available to start asap.
About the role
- The SEN Primary Teacher role will involve teaching small classes of pupils aged 4-11 with a wide range of Learning Difficulties.
- Every student at the school has an Education, Healthcare Plan (EHCP) and additional needs around their health, social and emotional wellbeing.
- The ideal teacher will develop a stimulating and challenging environment within the teaching area.
- The school are looking for individuals who can promote pupils interest and learning using a cross curricular approach.
About the school
- This SEN Primary Teacher role is an opportunity to work in an incredibly welcoming school with some wonderful young people.
- This special needs school setting has a great reputation and excellent facilities.
- Staff retention is good due to their welcoming atmosphere, and there is an established and supportive senior leadership team.
- The school offers a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people they care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
To be considered for the role of SEND Primary Teacher you will:
- Demonstrate the ability for planning, preparing and delivering appropriate lessons and individual education programmes
- Be dedicated and supportive, an excellent communicator and passionate about working with students with SEND.
- Many of the pupils have limited verbal communication skills, so experience with Makaton, British Sign Language, and/or PECS would be an advantage.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are:
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status QTS or QTLS.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
Vision for Education do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.