Vision for Education are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to support a child with a diagnosis of autism and suspected ADHD. he pupil is in year 2 and is at risk of being isolated from his peers.
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity for a committed autism Teaching Assistant to make a difference to this pupil’s experience of education. The successful autism Teaching Assistant will be required to work one to one with a pupil in year 2 class with a diagnosis of autism and suspected ADHD, assisting the pupil in overcoming barriers to learning. The aim of the one-to-one support is to keep the child within the classroom.
About the school
The school is seeking an engaging and proactive Autism Teaching Assistant to join their motivated team. Focusing on the whole child and making sure that each child is the best they can be this school really is striving for outstanding in every area. The school is located near the Chadderton area of Oldham and is part of a large multi academy trust.
- Have experience working with either with small groups or 1:1 with students who have been diagnosed or presenting with autism.
- Must be patient and calm at all times
- Be able to provide a safe and positive learning environment.
- Be nurturing and patient.
- Mentor and engage with the students, successfully delivering specifically designed educational packages.
- Recent experience in a similar role
- relevant qualification
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.