We are looking for candidates to join us for this SEN Teaching Assistant role starting ASAP. The settings are based in Lancaster and surrounding areas in north Lancashire. We are looking for full and part time staff.
About the role
We work with a variety of schools and settings as a first port of call for their temporary, permanent and cover needs. We can be flexible around candidates, but most vacancies are full time Monday to Friday 8:30 - 3:30 weekly. We can also off ad-hoc supply work if preferred.
The range of settings we work with include:
- Mainstream Primary and Secondary schools with high levels of students with SEN needs.
- Specific special school settings that specialise in an individual or various SEN needs such as Autism, ADHD and Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) issues.
- Alternative Provision and Pupil Referral Units working with students who are currently out of mainstream education.
It would be advantageous for the preferred candidate to have access to a car due to the location of some of the settings as they are difficult to get to via public transport.
About the school
This is a great opportunity to work in an SEN setting in the Lancaster area that is well established and inclusive for students that can range from Reception to Post 16.
The successful SEN Teaching Assistant will be confident in supporting children with barriers to learning including:
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH)
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD)
- Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD)
- Experience in dealing with challenging behaviour.
You will be able to work within committed staff teams who provide supportive and nurturing environments for all students.
- We are looking for candidates to join us for this SEN Teaching Assistant role who have a background in any of these areas; Health and Social Care, Early Childhood Studies, Supporting Teaching and Learning, Youth Work, Psychology, Sociology, Mental Health or a related qualification (but not essential).
- Experience is vital for this role, as we need to obtain recent professional references.
- Relevant experience in the past few years working with children, young people or vulnerable adults.
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.