Vision for Education is looking to appoint a SEND Teaching Assistant to join our successful supply team and working in a friendly primary school on the outskirts of Cambridge. This would be a full-time position beginning in September 2022.
About the role
We’re looking for a calm, nurturing SEN Teaching Assistant to support within this well-resourced, school on the outskirts of Cambridge. The perfect candidate will be motivated, calm and professional, ideally with knowledge of SEN as this would involve working with children with additional needs. This post would suit a patient, caring and calm individual with a passion for supporting young children.
About the school
The school is a highly successful special school with pupils aged from 4-19 with a broad range of SEND. They are an OFSTED good school who has a thorough approach to treating every pupil as an individual through their flexible curriculum. They offer a warm, friendly atmosphere with the needs of pupils and staff kept as a priority.
- To have recent experience working with children in the last 2 years
- Be flexible, proactive and patient
- Ideally have experience working with children with SEND, however this is not essential
- Have experience working in a similar setting with young people that have learning difficulties. For example, this could be at a similar school, residential care home or supported living
- Be proactive and empathetic in your approach, always aiming to achieve the best possible outcomes for the students you work with
- Have a DBS or be willing to process one with us
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.