We are looking for an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant for a Special school setting in Blackburn starting ASAP.
About the role
The successful SEN Teaching Assistant will be tasked with working with classes made up of students with SEN needs aged between 8-16 years old in small group and 1:1 settings.
Working under the direction of the class teacher, the ideal SEN Teaching Assistant will be energetic, flexible, positive and patient, with an ability to build strong working relationships with young people with barriers to learning. Experience working with Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs) and individualised curricula is advantageous.
Duties will include:
- Supporting the class teacher to deliver work in accordance with the National Curriculum or individualised curricula based on EHCPs.
- Assisting the class teacher with behaviour management strategies.
- Running small group and 1:1 sessions.
- Ensuring the best possible progress for all students you work with.
About the school
The school accommodates young people aged 8-16 years old with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH).
Staff in the school require exceptional skills to be able to respond appropriately to the challenges they are presented with. They are confident and skilled in building positive relationships that help to break down barriers, build self-esteem and challenge disaffection.
Pupils are taught in small groups, where they study the core curriculum and can receive the extra support they require. Students are then able to make good progress as staff can ensure that learning is tailored to individual student needs.In addition to the core curriculum, we provide rich and varied curriculum opportunities ranging from vocational courses, academic programmes and programmes that support pupils’ personal and social development.
- Have experience working in a similar setting with young people that have a variety of learning difficulties.
- Be proactive and empathetic in your approach, always aiming to achieve the best possible outcomes for the students you work with.
- Be an excellent communicator, able to work well as part of a wider team of staff.
- Be adaptable in your approach with a good understanding of a range of SEND needs.
- Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent.
- Experience working in a similar setting with children of primary or secondary age.
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.