This is a temporary position meaning you have the opportunity to secure long/short term bookings with various schools in Leeds to gain more experience in the sector and to support a wide range of different children.
About the role
To work under the direct instruction of teaching/senior staff, usually in the classroom with the teacher. To support access learning for pupils and provide general support to the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom.
Provide general support to staff and pupils, including preparation and routine maintenance of resources/equipment.
To develop knowledge, skills and understanding of requirements for effective support in a SEN, SEMH setting
About the school
Pupils are supported by an experienced pastoral team comprising of Communication & Interaction Leaders, Pastoral & Family Support Officers, and Behaviour Support Workers. All staff work closely with families and the local community in order to offer pupils the best opportunities possible. Many of the pupils have a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Conditions and we have a wide range of differing needs at our Primary and Secondary Schools. Class sizes vary between 6 to 12 learners.
- Be available Monday to Friday 08:30-15:30pm.
- Be physically fit and energetic.
- Have recent relevant experience of at least six months working with children, young people or adults with Learning Difficulties and/or Autism
- Have, or be willing to obtain a DBS on the update service.
- Qualifications and Training
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.