Are you an Early Career Teacher looking for work in a school until the end of the academic year and beyond? If you hold QTS, a fantastic opportunity has become available at an SEN provider in Preston for an immediate start.
About the role
An OFSTED rated 'Good' special educational setting in Preston are looking to secure a new primary or secondary qualified teacher starting ASAP. The right candidate will be looking to build up on their experiences within the classroom and enhance the learning of pupils with additional needs.
The successful candidate would be expected to:
- Plan lessons, small group activities and 1:1 sessions with class sizes of less than 10 students.
- Work closely to individual EHCPs to enhance planning.
- Work with a team of qualified Teaching Assistants to ensure the best possible progress of individual students.
- Attend staff meetings where required.
About the school
The school is an OFSTED rated 'Good' specialist school for students aged three to nineteen years with Autism. Pupils take part in a wide ranging personalised curriculum. All of the pupils display difficulties in language and communication, social relationships, and rigid patterns of behaviour/thought/interests, which form major barriers to learning.
- Have experience working in a similar setting with young people that have a variety of learning difficulties.
- Must have a PGCE or a BA (Hons) with QTS.
- Be an excellent communicator, able to work well as part of a wider team.
- Be confident teaching small classes of SEN students.
- Hold knowledge of either the Primary/Secondary national curricula.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Experience working in a similar setting with students who have SEND needs.
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.