We are looking for candidates to join us for this SEN Teacher role starting ASAP. The settings are based in Barrow-in-Furness and the Furness peninsula. We are looking for full and part time staff.
About the role
We work with a variety of schools and settings as a first port of call for their temporary, permanent and cover needs for Teachers. We can be flexible around candidates, but most vacancies are full time Monday to Friday 8:30 - 3:30 weekly. We can also off ad hoc supply work if preferred.
The range of settings we work with include:
- Mainstream Primary and Secondary schools with high levels of students with SEND needs.
- Specific special school settings that specialise in an individual or various SEND needs such as Autism, ADHD and Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) issues.
- Alternative Provision and Pupil Referral Units working with students who are currently out of mainstream education.
About the school
This is a great opportunity for a Teacher to work in a variety of schools and settings in the Barrow area that are well established and inclusive for students that can range from Reception to Post 16. You will be able to work within committed teams who provide supportive and nurturing environments for all students. The successful SEN Teacher will be confident in supporting children with barriers to learning including:
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH)
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD)
- Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD)
- Experience in dealing with challenging behaviour.
- Have experience working in a similar setting with young people that have learning difficulties.
- Be dedicated and supportive, an excellent communicator and passionate about working with students with SEND.
- Be an excellent communicator, able to work well as part of a wider team within the classroom.
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
- Have excellent primary/secondary curriculum knowledge.
- Holding Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
- To have recent experience teaching in SEND settings within the last two years.
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.