Vision for Education are recruiting on behalf of a dedicated provision in Ashington, Northumberland, who are seeking a passionate and committed SEMH Teaching Assistant.
About the role
As an SEMH Teaching Assistant you will be responsible for supporting students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties, both academically and emotionally. You will also accompany students on outdoor activities and school trips. These roles are due to start ASAP.
About the school
Our client school is a dedicated SEMH provision for young people that have been unable to cope in a mainstream setting. The school believes firmly in supporting and developing staff as much as possible and has a very positive team ethos. They like to develop their staff from within, so whilst certain experience and qualifications are beneficial, they are not essential. Applications are welcomed from anyone with a passion to improve the lives of young people that may not have had the best start, and who struggle with their mental health and behaviour.
- Calm and empathetic approach.
- Desire to work with young people that struggle with their mental health and behaviour.
- Desire to gain permanent employment in a dedicated SEMH School.
- Outgoing personality with a sense of humour.
- Ability and desire to inspire young people that have became disillusioned with education.
- Relevant experience
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.