Vision for Education are recruiting on behalf of a school in Grantham who are seeking to appoint a SEMH Teaching Assistant on a full-time basis, starting from September.
About the role
The successful SEMH Teaching Assistant will be tasked with working with small classes, made up of students in Key Stage 1 and 4. Working under the direction of the class teacher, the ideal SEMH Teaching Assistant will be energetic, flexible, positive and patient, with an ability to build strong working relationships with young people.
About the school
The school pride themselves on creating a secure and inclusive environment for the children they support, putting their needs at the centre of everything they do. The school benefits from a supportive senior leadership team and wider school community.
- Supporting the class teacher to deliver work in accordance with the National Curriculum
- Assisting the class teacher with behaviour management
- Supporting pupils on a one-to-one basis
- Contributing to record keeping, liaising with parents and multidisciplinary teams and attending school trips/outings
- Have experience working in a similar setting with young people that have learning difficulties. For example, this could be at a similar school, residential care home or supported living
- Have experience working with complex needs
- Be proactive and empathetic in your approach, always aiming to achieve the best possible outcomes for the students you work with
- Be an excellent communicator, able to work well as part of a wider team
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.