£350 - £400 p/w
About the role
Do you have experience in managing challenging behaviour in a school or care setting?
Are you interested in making a difference to young people from disadvantaged backgrounds?
Vision for Education are currently working with Pupil Referral Units in Manchester who are looking for PRU Teaching assistants to support young people aged 11 – 16. These settings support students with social, emotional, and mental health needs as well as challenging behaviour.
The position of the PRU Teaching Assistant will involve
- Being able to build strong and trusting relationships
- Be required to work either with small groups or on a 1:1 basis
- Being resilient and support students to persevere through difficult situations
- There are opportunities for the role to become permanent with the school after a qualifying period
About the school
- The PRU schools in Manchester have a smaller intake of students so class sizes will vary
- They offer a balanced and broad range of subjects
- They ensure an encouraging environment where each student is valued
- They have supportive teams of staff that promote a safe and welcoming environment
- Strong behaviour management skills
- A good understanding of child protection and safeguarding guidelines
- Be patient, engaging and calm when under pressure
- Relevant experience of working with children or young people
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.