Vision For Education are currently recruiting for the role of a PRU Art Teacher in a Pupil Referral Unit within the Tameside area. The ideal candidate will have their own vision, creativity, and expertise that they can add to the service.
About the role
The role as a PRU Art Teacher is challenging but hugely rewarding, leading on engagement, making sure vulnerable young people who are not suited to mainstream schools, get the most out of and enjoy their education. The perfect candidate will be an excellent communicator, show great understanding and patience and be able the motivate the pupils who have become disengaged with education.
About the school
The Pupil Referral Units we work with within Tameside provide specialist education and support to younger people who have been placed in PRU schools to maximise their chances within a school setting. As a PRU Art Teacher, you will work within PRU settings, where they are committed to the education of permanently excluded pupils as well as others who have Special Educational Needs and disabilities.
- Have the vision, skills and energy to provide the best opportunity for every child within the PRU school
- The ability to facilitate a safe and positive learning environment and de-escalate any threatening or aggressive behaviour
- Be willing to work in the Tameside area
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status QTS or QTLS
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.