A primary school in Blackpool is looking for a tutor to deliver sessions across KS1/KS2. Funded by the school led tutoring programme and is on going for the full academic year. Full time. September 2022. £25-£30 per hour.
About the role
This is a perfect role for an ECT looking for more experience supporting pupils on a 1:1 basis as well as small groups. Or an experienced teacher interested in providing a more tailored teaching service to smaller groups who need additional support.
This vacancy will be supporting pupils who have had their learning negatively impacted by the events of the last few years - this may be on a 1:1 basis or in small groups to get individual pupils caught up. The primary tutor role will include planning and delivering sessions with the support of the class teachers. The role includes delivering Tutoring/interventions, across all subjects in the National Curriculum, to KS1/2 children. The successful candidate will be working with a variety of children, across different abilities, to ensure any attainment gaps are filled. The school-led tutoring grant is to support disadvantaged pupils in catch-up learning and schools will select the pupils in need of support. This will focus on providing tuition to pupils eligible for pupil premium but also includes pupils with other types of disadvantage or additional needs.
The Primary School Tutor will be carrying out the School-led Tutoring Programme within school, working with different year groups. The tutor will be expected to focus primarily on Literacy and Mathematics and improving pupils understanding of core concepts, whilst giving the pupils the additional support they need. Previous experience of teaching in a primary school is essential for this role.
About the school
The Primary Schools using this scheme will be in Blackpool, these schools work together to provide the best possible support and development for their students. Each school has access to the school led tutoring grant and so we would be able to fill your week with one or two schools maximum.
All schools benefit from a car park and accessible road parking. The schools have excellent transport links and easily accessible via public transport or your own vehicle.
- Must hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Recent experience in an educational setting
- Have an excellent understanding of the national curriculum and be able to support children of all abilities
- Demonstrate fantastic phonics knowledge
- Have strong behaviour management and be confident working with challenging behaviours
- Be enthusiastic, engaging and have a great sense of humour
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.