Vision for Education is looking to appoint a Post 16 Learning Support Assistant to join our join our successful supply agency team and work in a school in the Newcastle local authority.
About the role
Working as part of an energetic and creative team, the successful Post 16 Learning Support Assistant will focus on delivering support to young people with a range of additional needs. This position will be 5 days a week, working 08:30 – 16:30 Monday to Friday.
About the school
The school caters for young people who have a diagnosis of SLD (Severe Learning Difficulties), PMLD (Profound Multiple Learning Difficulties) and SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health).
- Have experience supporting children and young people in small groups
- Have experience working with children and young people with SLD and PMLD
- Be patient and have a caring nature
- Be able to provide a safe and positive learning environment and de-escalate any threatening or aggressive behaviour
- Mentor and engage with the pupils, successfully delivering specifically designed educational packages
- Relevant experience
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.