Vision for Education are seeking to appoint PMLD Teaching Assistants to work in a specialised provision in the West Northumberland Area.
About the role
The role of a PMLD Teaching Assistant is to support and assist students who have a diagnosis of Profound Multiple Learning Difficulties. This may include severe physical disabilities as well as complex medical issues. A PMLD Teaching will be ready and willing to assist with personal care, sensory development and moving and handling.
About the school
We cover a wide range of SEND school provisions across the Northeast who support children and young people with SEND. Working alongside our client schools, we will provide the successful trainee Teaching Assistant with high quality training and paid on the job experience.
- Have an understanding of SEND.
- Have experience working with individuals with severe needs, hearing impairments and visual impairments.
- Be ready and willing to assist with personal care, and moving and handling.
- Have a caring and compassionate nature.
- Have an Enhanced DBS check or be willing to undertake one.
- Relevant experience
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.