Pastoral mentor to work with Key Stage 3 and 4 students in an Alternative Provision.
About the role
Vision for Education are looking to appoint a Pastoral Mentor for a provision in Newcastle that caters for students that have been struggling with their Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties. This provision provides a nurturing environment designed to get students back on track and re-focussed, with a view to gaining meaningful qualifications before they leave school. The ideal candidate will have the personality required to cope with often volatile situations and be able to remain calm and help young people when they encounter emotional turmoil. The job will start in ASAP and is an ongoing, long term role, that could turn permanent for the right candidate.
About the school
The school caters for young people in Key Stage 3 and 4 that have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) for their Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) difficulties.
- Have experience dealing with unpredictable and challenging behaviours
- Be Team Teach qualified, or be willing to undergo training provided by Vision
- A friendly, positive and empathetic attitude towards children and young people with additional needs
- Relevant experience in the past few years working with children, young people or vulnerable adults
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.