Part-time (maximum of 15 hours per week)
Short- and long-term
£25 - £35 per hour
About the role
Vision for Education are currently recruiting for a dedicated LAC Tutor to work with cared for children on a part-time basis in Burnley and East Lancashire.
We are looking for a Looked After Children (LAC) Tutor who can work on a 1:1 basis with students who are unable to attend an education setting or need further support in a curriculum area. Tuition sessions can range from 1 to 3 hours per day (within and outside of school hours) depending on the student's timetable and capabilities.
We are looking for an LAC Tutor who can work 1:1 with students who have the following needs:
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health - SEMH
- Autism Spectrum Condition - ASC
- Specific Learning Difficulties - SpLD
- Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties - PMLD
- Build positive relationships and help students overcome barriers to learning,
- Plan and deliver Maths & English lessons,
- Implement teaching and learning strategies based around the student's EHCP and make adjustments to maintain focus and motivate students,
- Liaise with schools to gain schemes of work and report any issues or concerns when necessary,
- Complete weekly reports of student’s engagement and attainment, record weekly attendance figures.
About the school
Tuition sessions can be requested by local authorities, mainstream schools or alternative provisions, with sessions usually taking place off site in community venues such as:
- Residential homes
- The family home (providing an appropriate adult is present)
A full risk assessment and evaluation will take place prior to any tutoring commencing with a student.
- Have proven experience of instructing or teaching young people is essential
- Have the ability to teach Maths & English
- Be able to work around Preston and South Ribble
- Have a comprehensive understanding of working with young people attributed EHCP’s for a Special Educational Needs, with references as evidence
- Have experience of implementing a variety of de-escalation strategies in challenging situations involving young people
- A teaching qualification (QTS/QTLS)
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.