Vision for Education are seeking a Humanities Teacher to work in an Independent Specialist school on the outskirts of Cambridge which specialises in children and young people with a diagnosis of Autism.
About the role
As a Humanities Teacher in a specialist SEN school, you will be supported by an outstanding management team and put the children and young people in the heart of your lessons. The desired Teacher will have been awarded QTS, have a passion for working with students with additional needs and be comfortable teaching across a range of ages.
About the school
This is a school based on beautiful grounds on the outskirts of Cambridge. They specialise in pupils with a diagnosis of Autism with all pupils having an EHCP. They provide a flexible curriculum, teaching lessons based on how the children learn best to ensure they feel they are in a safe and secure environment. Pupils may have struggled previously in mainstream, however this provision provides them an opportunity to re-engage in a positive way.
- To hold Qualified Teacher Status
- To have experience working with children and young people with a range of SEN
- Excellent communication skills
- A good honours degree or equivalent
- Evidence of recent and relevant training and CPD
- Excellent ICT skills
- To understand and implement the duties and responsibilities arising from the Children Act 2004 and working together in relation to child protection and safeguarding.
- To attend appropriate courses and disseminate skills learnt to the rest of the staff
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time
What the school offer
- Competitive Salaries
- Continuing professional development
- Breakfast and lunch provided
- Opportunities for ECT’s