Vision for Education are proud to be working in partnership with a large, LEA primary school on the East Coast of England in order to recruit a Head Teacher for September 2022.
About the role
The successful candidate will champion the ethos, values and traditions which are fundamental to the success of the school. Whether an experienced senior leader looking to make the step into headship or a serving headteacher looking for a new challenge; the school are looking for somebody special, with a kind, warm enthusiasm that motivates and inspires – ensuring their children achieve their very best.
The reason for the vacancy is the planned retirement of their current head.
About the school
The successful candidate will be joining a school community that is blessed with a team of dedicated teachers and support staff where the main priority is always meeting the needs of their young people. The school are looking for someone who can maintain this teamwork while taking the school forward and the governing body are ready to work with the new headteacher, providing the support needed or desired.
Their school ethos is based firmly on respect for all individuals and mutual friendship. The successful candidate will add to the strengths that already exist; and be someone who can mould and shape the future of the school providing the improvement that is needed without losing the ethos that makes the school what it is.
- QTS and headship qualification such as NPQH / CEPQH / NPQEL
- Successful leadership in a previous head teacher / executive leader position, or 3+ years successful experience in a deputy head teacher position
- Evidence of successfully leading school improvement
- Up to date safeguarding training and knowledge of legislation for the protection of young people
- QTS and leadership qualification such as NPQH
- Provide strong and effective leadership, vision, and strategic direction to school staff
- Responsibility for the annual business plan and other key documents
- Accountability for the educational and pastoral performance of the school
- Build and maintain links with the local community and other external stakeholders
What the school offer
- A welcoming school that sits in the heart of a close-knit community
- The opportunity to lead and manage a dedicated leadership team
- Friendly, confident, and enthusiastic children who are keen to learn
- A supportive, challenging, and enthusiastic Governing Body and an active PTFA
- Reimbursement for reasonable related moving expenses (if applicable)