Are you a Teaching Assistant, looking for your next opportunity and challenge? Would you relish the chance to be part of a forward thinking and innovative team?
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside teaching staff, establish your support skills and to develop in the management of school classes. Experience of working with young people, and to have a commitment to their welfare, education and development is also highly desirable. You will be trained appropriately and throughout your placement, will be taken from an Entry Level Teaching Assistant, to a confident, experienced and knowledgeable Teaching Assistant.
About the school
The school caters for children with SLD (severe learning difficulties) of both primary and secondary ages. You will be placed into either a primary or secondary class, depending on preference and experience. The school has a very welcoming atmosphere and offers lots of permanent contracts to the right staff. The new way into a school is definitely through an agency. Let us place you into the right school and allow you to build a career.
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work well as a team or on your own (a 1:1 role)
- Previous experience working within a school or residential setting
- To have a strong desire to support children with special needs or learning disabilities
- Hold an enhanced DBS on the update service, or be willing to process one with us (£47.50)
- Previous, referable, experience supporting children or adults in a professional setting
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.