Vision for Education are looking to appoint a proactive and patient Teaching Assistant with excellent communication skills to support small groups of children, where English is not there first language.
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity for a committed EAL Support Assistant to make a difference to pupils lives and their experience of education, especially those who have become disengaged from education as they cannot access the UK Curriculum due to communication barriers. The successful EAL Teaching Assistant will be required to work with small mixed ability groups of children across KS1 and KS2, supporting pupils whose first language is not English. You will assist pupils in overcoming barriers to learning, building their confidence, and nurturing their development in the core subjects including English and mathematics and phonics.
About the school
The school is seeking an engaging and proactive EAL Teaching Assistant to join their motivated team. Focusing on the whole child and making sure that each child is the best they can be, this school really is striving for outstanding in every area.
- Have experience working with either with small groups or 1:1 with students who have come into the UK education system from overseas or speak little to no English
- Have experience of phonics and be able to deliver EAL support in the core subjects.
- Be able to provide a safe and positive learning environment.
- Be nurturing and patient
- Mentor and engage with the students, successfully delivering specifically designed educational packages.
- Recent experience in a similar role.
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.