Long term and permanent Behaviour Support Worker required for an amazing Harrogate Special School.
About the role
- Supporting Children aged between 9-16 with Social, Emotional and Mental Health issues and Challenging Behaviour.
- Assisting the class teacher in organising and carrying out activities.
- Supporting with behaviour management in the classroom.
This is a temporary to permanent position meaning that you have the opportunity to complete a 12-week full time, paid placement through Vision for Education before being offered a permanent role by the school. This position is for an immediate start but could be flexible depending on your availability
About the school
The environment in which you will be working is in a Special School in Harrogate, North Yorkshire that caters for children between the ages of 12 to 16+ with Social, Emotional and Mental Health issues and challenging behaviour.
The aim of the school is to ensure every pupil is ready for the next stage in their education and life as they move throughout the school. The school place a key focus on numeracy and literacy throughout the curriculum, whilst ensuring that all pupils access a broad and balanced curriculum that meets their needs and also reflects their aspirations and interests. This is done by activities being planned to be engaging for the children, creative and fun for them to take part in which encourages pupils to participate and get involved in school activities.
- Be available Monday to Friday 08:30 – 16.30.
- Be willing to attend a one-day positive behaviour management course.
- Be physically fit and energetic.
- Have experience working with children or young people with SEMH and challenging behaviour.
- The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are 6 months minimum experience working with Children, Young People and/or Adults with Autism, Learning Disabilities and Complex Needs
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.