We are currently seeking additional Behaviour Support Assistants for work within our partner specialist provisions in and around Huddersfield.
About the role
The Behaviour Support Assistant role involves supporting groups of children with additional needs such as ASD, PMLD, MLD and Social, emotional and mental health needs. You will be required to work within group and 1:1 settings with young people with different levels of learning and ages ranging from 5yrs-16yrs.
Your daily routine will involve continuously adapting and working alongside pupils to make their time in school as beneficial and productive as possible. Your main objective will be to support these pupils with this, as well as making sure they are not displaying any triggers or any signs of unease.
Our main aim is to offer the best possible support to pupils. In order to be successful for this role a nurturing, patient and empathetic attitude will be key.
About the school
The school has a diverse range of young people; that are all unique, important, and at the centre of everything the school do.
They pride ourselves on being a highly inclusive school where everybody is equal and involved.
- Have previous experience of working with children or young people; ideally within a school, nursery, childcare, youth work, play or care setting within the last 2 years.
- We must be able to obtain valid references from these roles.
- Hold, or be prepared to undergo an Enhanced DBS, registered to the Update Service
- recent experience obtained within the last 2 years, of working with children or young people, ideally within a school, nursery, childcare, youth work, play or care setting. We must be able to obtain references from these roles.
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.