Vision for Education is seeking supply Autism Teaching Assistant for Key Stage 4 to work in local Autism schools in Northallerton.
About the role
Working in multiple schools on a one-to-one basis in a specialist setting to support children aged 14 to 16 with Autism. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with previous work experience as an Autism Teaching Assistant or supporting vulnerable people with special educational needs or in a care home environment who has with transferrable skills to a classroom setting.
About the school
The specialist schools cater for students in with Autism. The schools offer brilliant facilities and resources, and the staff pride themselves on their child-centred approach. Most schools we work with have excellent public transport links, but access to a vehicle would be advantageous.
- To be considered for the Autism Teaching Assistant role you must: • Hold a driving licence, which would be preferred, but not essential. • Be Comfortable with personal care in numerous settings. • Confident de-escalating challenging situations. Training would be an advantage but not essential. • Hold a DBS certificate would be an advantage but not essential this can be arranged. Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
- Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications.
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.