This is a long-term placement and is for an immediate start.
About the role
As an Autism Support Worker, you will be supporting pupils with Special Educational Needs with their daily routine at school and assisting them to take part in activities which will enhance their sensory skills. You will either be working with pupils on a 1:1 basis whom require more direct support and/or working in a group working within a group/classroom setting alongside a class Teacher and other support staff.
About the school
The environment in which you will be working is in a Special School in Leeds and Wetherby. The school caters for children and young people aged 2-19 with a wide range of learning needs like Autism, Learning Disabilities, Language Barriers and Complex Conditions.
To support with learning and development, all pupils have an Education and Care Plan in place which helps staff to understand the specific needs and requirements of each pupil and their most effective methods of learning.
- Be available Monday to Friday 08:30 – 15.30.
- Be willing to attend a one-day positive behaviour management course.
- Be happy to support pupils with personal care.
- Have a minimum of 6 months experience supporting children and young people with Special Educational Needs.
- The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are 6 months minimum experience working with Children with Mental Health issues from deprived backgrounds with challenging behaviour
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.