Long-term and Permanent
£350 - £450 per week
About the role
Are you a friendly and child-centred person? Are you passionate about supporting pupils with Autism and a range of special educational needs?
Vision for Education are recruiting for Autism Support Assistants for SEND schools in Lancaster and the surrounding areas. The roles are full time (Monday to Friday) which will start as soon as possible and could result in permanent contracts from the settings.
The role will be working as an additional support in the classroom, working with students in small groups and 1:1 with students with Autism to support them with both life based skills, alongside a flexible curriculum in the core subjects (English and Maths).
About the school
Autism Support Assistants are instrumental in ensuring the smooth running of any school. The most effective Autism Support Assistants have excellent communication skills and have an interest and passion in supporting the day-to-day needs of all children. They are also able to build relationships with both staff, children and their families.
The role of an Autism Support Assistant can vary from school to school but key elements of your day will be similar.
You may be working to support the teacher in while class teaching, running small group interventions to support children or working on a 1:1 basis to ensure the needs of all children are met and that they can thrive in the specific environment.
- Have relevant experience of working with children, young people or vulnerable adults.
- Have a warm and friendly nature to be able to build positive relationships with pupils.
- Desirable to have relevant prior experience of working with children, young people or vulnerable adults
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.