1:1 Tutor (Full Time)
£30 per hour (salary is dependent on experience and/or qualifications)
April 2024 – ongoing
About the role
A Local Council EHC Team are looking for a 1:1 Tutor who can teach Maths & English to students unable to attend education in Bury. The desired 1:1 Tutor will be working 1:1 with students with emotional based school refusal, medical needs or other areas of SEND. The 1:1 Tutor role is long term to provide consistency for students and work towards breaking down barriers to learning. Sessions can be one - five hours per day (during or after school hours) depending on the student's needs
About the school
Tuition sessions can be requested by local authorities, mainstream schools, or alternative provisions, with sessions usually taking place off site in community venues such as:
- Residential homes
- The family home (providing an appropriate adult is present)
- Experience of working with students with EHCPs
- An ability to plan and deliver Maths and English sessions
- A passion for making a difference to the lives of young people
- A teaching qualification
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.