Vision for Education currently have a demand for the right candidate who would be confident and comfortable working within a Pupil Referral Unit as a PRU Teaching Assistant in the Oldham area. The role will involve working with children in either a classroom or on a 1:1 basis, who can show signs of challenging behaviour or could also have Special Educational Needs.
The role of a PRU Teaching Assistant can often be challenging but rewarding, it is a great chance to make a difference to pupils who have lost motivation and become disengaged with school. The perfect candidate will be friendly, hardworking, determined and committed to helping students enjoy and get the most out of their education.
The PRU schools we work with in Oldham provide specialist support to young people who find a mainstream school unsuitable. The schools provide therapeutic support alongside academic work, which aim to ensure that all the students individual educational needs are met. Vision For Education are looking for the right candidate who is eager and who can exceed in this role as a PRU Teaching Assistant.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum requirements for the PRU Teaching Assistant position are:
• A minimum of 6 weeks relevant experience
• The ability to facilitate a safe and positive learning environment and de-escalate any threatening or aggressive behaviour
• Have the vision, skills and energy to provide the best opportunity for every child within the PRU school
• Be willing to work in the Oldham area
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a PRU Teaching Assistant and valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a PRU Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision For Education, please contact our Manchester team on 0161 641 3743.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.