Vision For Education are currently looking for applicants who have experience as a Special Needs Teaching Assistant. The required candidate will have a passion for working with children and young adults with learning difficulties and disabilities but also carry a positive and flexible mindset when approaching the role.
As a Special Needs Teaching Assistant, you will be expected to provide specialist support in a classroom setting to children with learning difficulties and disabilities, to help the pupils achieve the most out of their school education. The required candidate will be confident and be able to show empathy with students who have Special Educational Needs.
The schools we work with in Oldham provide a specialist and supportive settings for children with learning difficulties and disabilities. As a Special Needs Teaching Assistant, you will provide support for pupils who find a mainstream school setting unsuitable and challenging. Vision For Education are looking for the right candidate who is eager and who can exceed in this role.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for the Special Needs Teaching Assistant position are:
• Have a desire to work with children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
• Have a minimum of 6 weeks relevant experience
• Have a patient and caring nature
• Be willing to work in Oldham schools
Vision for Education is committed to Safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS Check that must be registered to the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a Special Needs Teaching Assistant valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Special Needs Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision For Education, please contact our Manchester SEND team on 0161 641 3743.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.