Vision for Education are currently looking to recruit a 1:1 Teaching Assistant to work with students with a varied range of needs including physical disabilities. This position will require you to work in Special Needs Schools across Stockport.
We offer Guaranteed Work Schemes which ensure you will be paid a minimum amount each week (*eligibility criteria applies).
The schools in Stockport we work with provide supportive and nurturing environments for students who have barriers to learning and learning difficulties which can include physical disabilities. The successful 1:1 Teaching Assistant will be confident in supporting these students and committed to working as part of an inclusive and well-established whole school setting.
The desired 1:1 Teaching Assistant will be a positive and passionate person who will be confident working with students on a 1:1 basis. Working individually or in small groups with students, you will be required to secure a routine for working that children find simple to follow while setting high expectations. Encouragement and praise will be key to building children's knowledge at all levels.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for the 1:1 Teaching Assistant:
- Have a minimum of 6 weeks relevant experience
- Have a desire to work with children with Special Educational Needs and physical disabilities
- Have a positive, patient and caring nature
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a 1:1 Teaching Assistant and valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a 1:1 Teaching Assistant based within Stockport who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education please contact our Manchester SEN team on 0161 641 3743.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.