Behaviour Support Assistant
£70 to £90
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is experience working with children and young people.
6th September 2021
Vision for Education are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and creative Behaviour Support Assistant. Working at a school in Leeds, this is a varied role that will require flexibility and a can-do attitude. Starting in September, this is a full-time role that could be made permanent for the right candidate.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a committed Behaviour Support Assistant to make a difference to pupils lives and their experience of education, especially those who have become disengaged from education. The successful Behaviour Support Assistant will be required to work with small classes ranging from year 7 to year 11, assisting pupils in overcoming barriers to learning and dealing with behavioural issues.
The school are seeking and engaging and proactive Behaviour Support Assistant to join their motivated team. A warm and inclusive environment, they provide bespoke, child-centred, high quality education programmes, which aim to ensure that all the students individual educational needs are met.
To be considered for the Behaviour Support Assistant position, you will:
• Have experience working with either with small groups or 1:1 with students who may demonstrate challenging behaviour and who may have Special Educational Needs.
• Be able to provide a safe and positive learning environment and de-escalate any threatening or aggressive behaviour.
• Mentor and engage with the students, successfully delivering specifically designed educational packages.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Behaviour Support Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact Simone Taylor on 0113 426 5330.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.