Vision for Education are currently recruiting for an Outdoor Education Support Worker to work in an Alternative Provision in South Tyneside. The role will involve taking students out to engage in outdoor activities as well as supporting them in lessons and in school. Beginning after half term, the idea is for someone to become a long term member of staff, with the possibility of a direct contract in 2021.
The School is an Alternative Provision that caters for young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) difficulties. The school caters for young people in Key Stage 3 and 4, but does also have a Primary provision that you may be required to help out in.
To be considered for the Outdoor Education Support Worker position, you will:
• The ability to quickly and effectively build rapport with some of the region’s most disaffected young learners
• Have experience of working with young people with challenging behaviour
• Be comfortable leading students in outdoor activities as well as supporting them in lessons
• Have a genuine desire and passion for supporting and helping young people that struggle to regulate their own emotions
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are interested and can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education , please contact our SEND Team on 0191 2291386.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.