SEND Teaching Assistant
October 2020 – July 2021
£195.40 - £220.00
Vision for Education is looking to appoint a Part Time SEND Teaching Assistant (TA) to join our successful supply team and work in a local primary school in the North Tyneside area. This is a long-term Teaching Assistant (TA) role, which will commence in October 2020 and continue a long-term basis.
Working as part of a fantastic Primary team, the successful Teaching Assistant (TA) will focus on delivering tailored one to one support to a pupils who have individual needs. The successful candidate will ideally have experience of planning and delivering exciting and engaging activities to individual pupils and smnall groups. Ideally the candidate will have recent experience of supporting in Early Years Found Stage (EYFS), Key Stage 1 (KS1) and Key Stage 2 (KS2) as the Teaching Assistant will be expected to support children of varied ages. The successful candidate will work closely with the school SENDCo to ensure the best care for the children they work with. This would be a part time role, working 08:30 – 12:30 each morning.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are minimum of a Level 2 qualification in childcare and experience of supporting children with SEND.
This average sized primary school, which is Ofsted rated ‘Good’ is looking for a committed and successful Teaching Assistant (TA) to join their motivated team. Within this primary school ensuring pupils’ safety and personal development continues to be one of the school’s highest priorities. The local community is highly supportive of the school and parental involvement is very positive.
To be considered for the Key Stage 2 Teaching Assistant (TA) position, you will:
• Hold a minimum of a Level 2 qualification in Childcare
• Have experience of working as a Teaching Assistant in a Primary environment
• Have experience of working with children on a one to one basis
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
• £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a qualified Key Stage 2 Teaching Assistant (TA) who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Newcastle primary team on 0191 267 4555.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.