EYFS Teaching Assistant
£276.30 - £350
February 2020 – July 2020
Vision for Education is looking to appoint a full time EYFS Teaching Assistant (TA) to join our successful supply team and work in a local primary school in the South Tyneside area. This is a fixed term supply Teaching Assistant (TA) role, which will commence in October 2019 and continue on a long term basis.
Working as part of a dynamic and creative Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) team, the SEND Teaching Assistant (TA) will focus on delivering one to one support to a Reception aged pupil. This role will include providing intervention-based support outside of the classroom, whilst also providing small group and general classroom support for a class of 24 children. The successful Teaching Assistant (TA) will work closely with the school SENCO to ensure the best provision for the child. This will be a full time role, working 08:30 – 15:30 each day.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are to hold a Level 3 qualification in Childcare and have experience working within the EYFS.
This average sized primary school is looking for a committed and successful SEND Teaching Assistant (TA) to join their motivated team. Within this primary school there is a high proportion of children reaching the expected levels by the end of the early years is steadily increasing. Support from the local authority and leaders’ concerted action to improve the quality of teaching and the outdoor curriculum has resulted in more children making better progress.
To be considered for the SEND Teaching Assistant (TA) position, you will:
• Hold a minimum of a Level 3 qualification in Childcare.
• Have experience of working as a Teaching Assistant in an Early Years (EYFS) environment.
• Be experienced in working with smaller nurture groups to boost attainment.
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff.
• Ideally have experience delivering one to one support.
• Ideally have experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
• £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a qualified Teaching Assistant (TA) who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Newcastle primary team on 0191 267 4555.