The Headteacher and Governors of this successful and popular 11-18 co-educational, all-ability school are seeking to appoint a dedicated professional to teach across a range of ages and abilities in our successful English department. This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, well-qualified secondary English teacher to join the dynamic English Department that received good / outstanding feedback during the last Ofsted inspection. Under the focussed leadership of the new Head Teacher, the English department has been a flagship of good / outstanding practice.
To be successful, you will need excellent subject knowledge, commitment to raising standards and determination to facilitate at least good progress for all our students. You are a good classroom practitioner ready to take on a new challenge in a thriving environment with excellent prospects for career progression. Prospective candidates with experience of teaching GCSE English Language / English Literature (AQA) and an ability to teach ‘A’ level language would be an advantage.
We can offer the successful candidate the chance to work alongside excellent teachers in a supportive and energetic department where creativity and innovation are celebrated.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a well-qualified English teacher with a record of delivering good and outstanding lessons
- Have a good understanding of what a great education can make to pupils
- Have evidence of supporting students to make beyond expected progress
- Have an excellent record of forging positive relationships with students to encourage great learning
- Have a resilient character and a strong personal drive
To be considered you must hold Secondary QTS. In order to apply for this position, you will need to submit your CV for consideration via the Apply button below. If you have a query about the role, please call our Liverpool branch on 0151 363 2266.
The benefits of working for Vision for Education:
- Excellent Rates of pay
- Dedicated and experienced consultants
- PAYE Payroll
- Guaranteed Pay Scheme
- We offer a £50 refer a friend bonus scheme (un-capped)
- We offer local and easily accessible schools to you
- Free CPD courses to enhance your professional development
- We hold regular social events
- We are a friendly open and honest agency, who strongly believe in all our candidates
It is essential that your hold a valid and recognised teaching qualification with at least six weeks recent experience of teaching in the UK. We are also required to contact your past schools for a reference. All positions are subject to an enhanced DBS check. If you feel you have the qualities and drive we are looking for please apply directly.