Vision for Education are currently recruiting for a Special Needs Teaching Assistant to start at a special school in Guiseley that caters for pupils with Mild Learning Disabilities (MLD), Autism, Global Development Delay and challenging behaviour. This is an exciting opportunity to secure a long term post that may go permanent for the right candidate, so any candidate applying for this post needs to be looking for a permanent/long term job. This position would suit somebody with experience of working with adults or children with learning disabilities and medical/personal care needs either within or outside of a school setting. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the class teacher with delivering work to the pupils in lessons, working one to one with pupils that need additional support to access education, and other responsibilities such as personal care and supporting pupils with eating at breakfast and lunch. If you have not worked in Education before, please don't let this deter you from applying for this post as Vision for Education will give you the necessary training prior to starting the post should you be successful.
The Successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Must be looking for a full time permanent job
- Have experience working with learning disabilities and Autism
- Must have an unconditional and unwavering commitment to supporting young people with learning disabilities and Autism
- Up to date CV demonstrating relevant sector experience
The following attributes are desirable but not essential:
- Child workforce DBS on the Update service
- In date Team Teach Training and Certificate
- Recent experience working in a special school or residential/supported living with learning disabilities
- What can Vision for Education offer you?
- Access to all of our CPD opportunities free of charge, including Team Teach training/refresher.
- Weekly pay direct into your account on a PAYE basis.
- Committed Consultants
- Guaranteed Pay Scheme for qualifying candidates
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All candidates will be required to complete our safeguarding checks and undergo an enhanced DBS check.
The Vision for Education Leeds and Bradford Office look forward to speaking with you about this role.